I found Jenn on Etsy and really like what she creates. She is very customer focused in my experience and I am so impressed with her work. When I asked her to participate on my blog I did not know she was having a sale this weekend. If you find her pieces as lovely as I do, please consider sharing her shop with others. https://www.etsy.com/shop/MoodiChic
As always, I get satisfaction from sharing the interviews I post but I do not receive anything for posting or sharing.
I’ve always been crafty and back in the day, loved to watch the Carol DuVall show on HGTV. When she start d doing episode on polymer clay I got really interested.
- How did you decide that you wanted to make jewelry?
I’ve always loved jewelry and after watching many tutorials on making polymer clay jewelry I knew I’d found something I really liked. Then I started to incorporate silver components with the polymer clay and that’s when I found my true passion to become a self taught silversmith.
- Do you remember the first piece you made? Can you tell us about it? N/A
- Do you have a preferred metal, stone or other material that you love to work with?
I primarily work with sterling silver and I love any type of gemstone with inclusions and flashes of color, labradorite, moonstones, opals, etc.
- How do people find you on Etsy? What is it that they are primarily looking for that draws them to your storefront?
This is something I would love to know! Although I’m confident with jewelry making, the social media side is still intimidating, even after 10 yrs of selling online.
6. Do you have a client favorite or bestselling item(s)? If so, what is it?
I think my spinner rings have been my best sellers over the years.
- What do you think is the most misunderstood thing about the process of creation?
The amount of time and attention to detail that goes into each piece.
- What one thing do you wish people knew about your work?
How much of my heart and soul goes into each piece of jewelry I create, whether it’s a new piece or one I’ve made hundreds of times, each piece is special to me.
9. What types of jewelry do you wear? Do you wear your own creations exclusively? Who influenced your work?
I wear earrings, rings, bangles & a necklace 24/7 & yes, I only wear pieces I’ve made.
- Do you have any advice for folks interested in learning about selling on Etsy or creating their own brand? What particular resources you found invaluable?
I would say that be ready to put a lot of work into it, it’s not as easy as opening a shop and waiting for the sales to roll in. It’s hard work, constantly tweaking your listings, adding new listings, taking great photos, making new items, etc. Etsy does have a lot of great information for starting out.
11. What would you like people to know about you and/or your work?
Just that I put my whole heart and soul into my work and really feel blessed to be able to do what I love for a living.